Sunday, November 13, 2011

DIY jewelry box!

So on one of my goodwill hunts I found this sad little box for a mere $.49. It was just one of those plain unfinished wooden boxes. Missing a clasp. Anyway I decided I wanted it, bought it, got her out and started painting Friday night.

I used the color blue jean...I got it at Michael's 2/$1.00 sale.

Put about 3 coats on...then went to work using some of the glazing techniques I have found around and about. I used burnt number which I already had in my stash back from when I was trying to find the perfect shade of brown for my wedding DIY's. Watered it down, painted it on with a sponge brush...let it sit for about 30 seconds and then wiped it off very lightly with a junk rag. I ended up doing the glazing again today to give it a darker look.

Then I used Krylon Crystal Clear Gloss over that to give it a shine.


I then mod podged a wedding picture onto the top and am totally in luv! I just need to find a little handle or clasp for the front and she will be complete!



It matches perfectly!

Hmm..never realized I need to iron my dang curtains!




No comments:

Post a Comment